The Black Sea Region is the least known tourist destination we promote. It is unspoilt, rural, traditional and well worth exploring. The Kackar Mountains provide a stunning backdrop and places such as Amasra, Rize and Trabzon are pretty seaside towns that retain lots of character.
The Black Sea Region has a higher rainfall average than the rest of Türkiye and so is very lush and green. It is a prolific tea and nut growing region, particularly hazelnuts . The region is also ideally suited to travellers with a keen interest in history and culture. There are many early Christian sites and ancient trade routes to explore. There are some wonderful buildings such as Sumela Monastery, built into a cliff face and decorated in religious murals.
6 days & 7 night Itinerary
- Description: We have organised a 6 day, self drive tour of the Black Sea region. Dates and times are flexible, we recommend March through to October months to visit the area. Accommodation is a range of quality hotels and traditional guesthouses
- Nights: 7
- Price: £595 Single Supplement: £35 per day
- Includes: 7 nights accommodation, with Turkish breakfasts, airport transfers to and from hotel, our recommendation list & detailed itinerary
- Excludes: Flights and any entrance fees
- Optional: Private guide at £95 per day, per person, minimum two people
- Airport Details: Local airport is Trabzon Airport. We are happy to assist with flight arrangements on request
- Accom Type: A selection of hand-picked, “boutique” character hotels and traditional guesthouses, all with ensuite bathroom facilities
- Notes: Contact us for advice on internal flights & further information
If you have any questions about The Black Sea Region of Türkiye, our itineraries or would like further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our booking form. We look forward to hearing from you.