Turkey History & Culture Tour
For our guests interested in history and culture we have put together a one week itinerary to visit some of the best historic sites in South West Turkey. You will walk in the footsteps of Alexander the Great and see remains of Lycian, Greek and Roman culture. You will stay in the village of Kayakoy with its ruins and deserted Greek city where author Louis de Bernières got his inspiration for the best-selling book ‘Birds without wings’.
6 days & 7 night History & Culture Tour
- Description: A week discovering the wealth of ancient cities and ruins that lie scattered across south west Turkey, including, Xanthos, Kayakoy and Patara. Dates and times are flexible.
- Nights: 7 nights
- Price: €445 per person based on 2 people sharing a double or twin room. Single Supplement: €30 per day
- Includes: airport transfers, ensuite accommodation and breakfasts, a detailed itinerary and history notes for every site visited, all people transfers.
- Excludes: flights, and any Entrance fees
- Optional: boat trip on rest day is €40 per person and includes lunch.
- Airport Details: Dalaman (DLM) or Antalya Airport (AYT) . We are happy to assist with flight arrangements on request.
- Accom Type: based at two guesthouses for the week you will enjoy traditional Turkish hospitality, fresh organic cuinise, ensuite accommodation in either a double or twin room.
- Notes: transfers are included but if you prefer we can arrange car hire with airport pick up. Contact us for advice on internal flights & further information.
Day 1 Arrive Dalaman Airport, private transfer to first night accommodation in Kayakoy overnight Kayakoy
Day 2 explore Kayakoy, deserted Greek City and Lycian rock tombs overnight Kayakoy
Day 3 transfer to Cadianda then return to Fethiye for Kings Tomb overnight Kayakoy
Day 4 Visit Pinara and Xanthos overnight Kabapinar
Day 5 Rest day – optional Boat trip, visit to the beach, overnight Kabapinar
Day 6 explore Letoon, Delikemer Aquaduct and Patara overnight Kabapinar
Day 7 explore Sidyma and Pynai ruins overnight Kabapinar
Day 8 Return transfer to airport
If you have any questions about Our Culture itinerary or would like further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in our booking form.
We look forward to hearing from you